Yay! Today is the day where a creative team of us Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators bring to you our special “A Paper Pumpkin Thing” blog hop. See what I have to share. Then check out all the other blogs in the hop to see additional creative alternate paper crafting project ideas that we each came up with using the contents of the December 2018 “Day by Day” Paper Pumpkin kit. To follow the hop and see other creative project ideas, simply scroll down and click on the names of other hop participants.
The December Kit includes supplies and instructions for putting together an 18-month hanging calendar. Click here or below to see the December 2018 kit video put out by Stampin’ Up! that shares how to make that calendar.
For those of you who got this kit and want to make something a little different, I hope these ideas we all share today will inspire you.
I strayed away from the calendar idea altogether for my clear gift box and coordinating gift card shown below.
Measurements of extra products:
- Pool Party Cardstock:
- 4-1/2″ x 3″ scored at 2-1/4″ and folded in half for the card base
Measurements of kit products:
- Pool Party Ribbon:
- One of the gray calendar pieces (I used March 2020):
- Cut into two pieces that are 2″ x 2-3/4″
Products I Used from the Kit: the cover of the calendar box, the ribbon, the stamps, the Pool Party ink and the March 2020 calendar piece
Extra Stampin’ Up! Products I Used: See below for a full list of extra supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Position a ruler along the long edge of the clear box cover so that the length of that side fits evenly between the 0 and the 6-inch mark. Then cut at the 2-1/2″ and the 3-1/2″ points. Do the same on the other side.
- Cut straight up at those measurements on each side until you reach the creases.
- Lay it down on a Stampin’ Pierce Mat, open up these newly cut “tabs” in the sides, insert your ruler to use as a straight edge, and use the stylus end of the Take Your Pick tool to make score lines connecting the tab cuts.
- Fold the clear box cover along the score lines to make them sharper/more crisp.
- Add candy or some other gift. (I added 16 Dove Promises Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt candies because they fit perfectly and the color coordinated with the ribbon in the kit.)
- Then tie the box shut with the Pool Party ribbon.
- For the gift card, cut 2″ off the top of the March 2020 calendar piece. Then cut off the ends of this so that the holes get removed. This will leave you with a 2″ x 2-3/4″ piece. Add this to the front of the card using SNAIL.
- Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink. Then stamp the sparkle/dot image in Pool Party ink.
- Flip the remaining part of the calendar piece over and cut another 2″ x 2-3/4″ piece from the all-white side to add to the inside of the card using SNAIL adhesive.
- Add rhinestones in the centers of the “sparkle” images on the front of the card.
- Write a message on the inside, slip the card under the bow, and gift to someone special.
I hope you enjoyed what I shared today! If you are not a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, I invite you to give it a try. CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to sign up by January 10th so you can get in on the next kit. Here is some information directly from Stampin’ Up! to give us a bit of insight on this upcoming January kit.
Paper Pumpkin has paired up to coordinate with the Animal Expedition suite by Stampin’ Up! to deliver cute Valentine’s Day coordination! Make sure you have an active subscription by January 10 to get this “wildy” fun kit. It makes 24 adorable Valentine’s treat packages. The coordinating colors: Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lime Twist, Melon Mambo, Petal Pink, and Pool Party. And don’t forget to check out the Animal Expedition product suite by clicking here.
To renew your subscription, click here and login to reactivate. Are you on Facebook? Then be sure to join the 19,000+ members in the PAPER PUMPKIN FAN CLUB to get lots more inspiration: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1441979982783482/
Thanks for visiting. Have fun on the hop!
Product List… things you might need/want in addition to the December 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit to make these projects
There are many items that are leaving us from the 2018 Holiday Catalog (which ends January 2nd), and some of them are discounted. But hurry, many items are “while supplies last.” CLICK HERE to learn more. CLICK HERE to access the Year-End Closeout list. And CLICK HERE to shop the Closeout online.
OCCASIONS/SAB PRODUCT SHARES AVAILABLE!
The 2019 Occasions Catalog debuts January 3rd! That means it’s that time of year to get in on my popular product shares so you can gather up lots of new product for LESS! Sign up today by contacting me with your share choice/s. I’m taking orders for shares now through January 2nd, 2019. CLICK HERE for more information.
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club that will kick off soon, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up. We are currently looking for more members so we can start another new club. Who is ready?!
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! Our December projects are ready!! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month.
CLING STAMPS ARE COMING!
Cling stamps will debut in the 2019 Occasions catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure! Click HERE for more information.