Oh, my goodness! I have two fun things to share with you today. The first is that Stampin’ Up! is having a flash sale for new Paper Pumpkin subscribers. If you’ve never tried these kits, click here to learn more. Then hurry & scroll down to take advantage of this Flash Sale. (The supply for this sale is limited.)) The second is that I saw a super cute idea from Jessica Cruz de Urrutia on the Paper Pumpkin Fan Club. She turned the ghost from the September kit into a baby shark! It was so adorable, I HAD to CASE this idea and make a card of my own. A big cheers to Jessica!
I made my baby shark slightly different that the one that Jessica shares in her video. I didn’t have the Four-Petal Flower Punch and used the Leaf Punch for both the dorsal fin and the tail. Plus I made the shark’s teeth a little differently.
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
Here are the steps I took to create my version.
- Stamp the mouth (using the moon stamp) on a ghost from the kit in Flirty Flamingo ink.
- Punch a 3/4″ Basic Black circle. Punch a Whisper White set of leaves.
- Color the leaves and the shark with the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blends marker as shown.
- Punch a scrap of Whisper White first with the 1/2″ Circle Punch. Then encompass and punch this with the Starburst Punch by placing two “teeth” of this punch super close to the 1/2″ circle.
- Angle in and snip out four “teeth.”
- Adhere the 3/4″ black circle behind to make the eyes black.
- Add the dorsal fin (the skinny leaf) coming out from behind the top of the head.
- Add the two other leaves to form the tail.
- Then glue on the teeth.
It’s rare that I share a Paper Pumpkin alternate project idea AND my supply list below includes a link to the full kit I used. Yes! Stampin’ Up! has extras of this September 2018 Frights & Delights Paper Pumpkin kit right now!! But you need to be an active subscriber to purchase any past kits. So keep that in mind if you’d like to get your hands on this full kit or any other past kits that are available.
PAPER PUMPKIN FLASH SALE!!!
That awesome deal for new subscribers is here! Click here to subscribe! The code for redeeming this offer is: FLASH1018
Paper Pumpkin has a LIMITED NUMBER of October kits to offer at this special introductory rate. The flash promotion starts today, October 8, 2018 and will continue until supplies run out or the October subscription period ends on October 10, whichever comes first.
If supplies run out of this fall-themed kit (featuring the colors: Cajun Craze, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Fig, Grapefruit Grove, and Night of Navy) before October 10, Stampin’ Up! will end the sale and automatically begin accepting new subscribers for November (which features our one-of-a-kind, exclusive holiday kit in a specially-designed box).
- Not valid on prepaid subscriptions.
- Discount applied to one kit per month for the first month of a new subscription. After the first month, the price for the subscription will return to $19.95(USD)/$26.95(CAD).
- New customers must enter promo code FLASH1018 at paperpumpkin.com before the sale ends to receive the introductory price of $5(USD)/$7(CAD).
- This offer is for new subscribers only.
- stamp set with fun sentiment (I used the stamp set that came with my April 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit.)
JOIN THE CLUB
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up. We are currently looking for 4 more members.
“BETTER THAN FLAT” TUTORIALS
Five super talented Stampin’ Up!® demonstrators and I have joined together as the “Stampin’ Anonymous team” to create Fun Fold cards & 3-D (“better than flat”) projects to share exclusively with our customers, paper crafting friends & team members each month! CLICK HERE to find out how you can get your hands on these great tutorials. A new one will be offered each month. October’s tutorials (peeks shown below) are ready!
NEW STAMPARATUS ACCESSORIES
Now that these accessories are here, they are staying! They will be rolling into next year’s 2019-20 Annual Catalog. And there’s more coming…Watch for the release of the Craft & Carry Stamparatus bag soon!
STAMP-N-STORAGE FALL SALE
Get 15% off storewide* October 1-8. This sale includes the latest products in their 2019 Catalog. I love how Stamp-n-Storage made my dream craft room come true. Click here to see what Stamp-n-Storage can do for YOUR crafting space. And remember to use the code: FALL2018