My boys are home sleeping in today. It’s their first official day of summer vacation! And of course, they are in heaven knowing that they will have nearly 3 months off.
Luke, my youngest had his 5th grade graduation ceremony yesterday. We loved Mrs. Johnson! We were so grateful that she taught and cared for BOTH our boys as Nicholas also had her last year in 5th. She’ll be missed. Gosh, we’re gonna miss so many other teachers and staff members at this school. Crooked Lake Elementary was such a wonderful place for our family.
To celebrate this graduation AND just the end of the school year for all, our family met up with my sister & her kids for ice cream afterwards. Our neighbor friend, Carter was able to join us, too!
We are going to miss Crooked Lake Elementary SOooo much! In fact, during the last few weeks we’ve been putting together little thank you gifts & notes to all the past teachers & staff members that we got to know well. I didn’t take photos of them all, because we gave them as soon as we put them together which made it less overwhelming to distribute – each kiddo only had to hand out a few at a time. But I DID take a photo of THESE thank you cards that I put together for three of the teachers who teach physical education at both Crooked Lake AND the middle school (we made gifts for teachers at Nick’s school, too).
The thank you image in this card comes from the February 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit, and the circular lines image on the punched out white circles comes from the June 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit. (Yes, hang onto those past stamp set!)
- Night of Navy Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ and folded in half for the card base
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside & scraps for punching two 2″ circles
- Real Red Cardstock: 1-7/8″ x 4-1/4″
- Smoky Slate Cardstock: 1-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Real Red 1/8″ Ribbon: about 2-1/2″
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store. The stamp sets from past Paper Pumpkin kits are no longer available. You need to be a subscriber to get these stamps. CLICK HERE to learn more about all the fun perks of a Paper Pumpkin subscription.
- Emboss the Night of Navy card base with the Simple Stripes embossing folder. Adhere the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White piece to the inside of the card.
- Punch out a couple Whisper White 2″ circles, and stamp the circular lines image to the left and to the right on each circle using Real Red ink to give a look of baseball stitching.
- Stamp the thank you image in Night of Navy ink on the lower left corner area of the Smoky Slate cardstock. Layer this onto the Real Red cardstock, and then add one of the baseballs under the lower left section (under the thank you). Adhere this whole thing to the Night of Navy embossed card base using lots of SNAIL and a few Glue Dots.
- Attach the second baseball to the front of the card with Dimensionals. And add the ribbon (tied in a knot) using a Glue Dot.
- Write a sweet note on the inside and gift to someone with a bag of peanuts. 😉
We are ready for summer! The weather forecast looks good, so hopefully Luke (and even Nick with his knee brace) will get outside and hang out with neighbor friends on this first day of summer vacation! Happy June 8th to all of you.
- February 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit stamp set
- June 2016 Paper Pumpkin kit stamp set
Did you hear!? The upcoming June 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit will coordinate with the new Broadway Bound suite on p. 68–69 of the annual catalog!!! There is no need to get any extra product. But you certainly MAY purchase items from this suite if you would like to expand your creative options with the contents of this kit.
Not getting these fun kits in your mailbox yet? Want to know more about Paper Pumpkin kits and how to get in on the fun? Click here for more information. If you are ready to start your own subscription, click here to get signed up.
Are you interested in getting a 20%+ discount on your Stampin’ Up! goodies? Now is a great time to purchase the Starter kit because of all the fun new products that just debuted in the 2018-19 annual catalog – $125 worth of product (your choice!) for $99. With the free shipping on starter kits, you are getting a 30% discount on this first fun purchase. After that, you get the 20%+ discount for future purchases if you wish. AND you get to be part of my fun Stampers With ART Stars community!
Do you find that you order at least $25 worth of Stampin’ Up! product each month? Do you want to get perks for those monthly orders? I’m forming a new Paper Crafters club, and we are looking for new members. Click here to learn more. Then contact me with your questions &/or to sign up.