Varied Vases will be one of the new stamp sets offered in the upcoming 2018-19 Annual Catalog. At this time only those demonstrators that attended OnStage had the opportunity to purchase this set (and it’s coordinating punch) early. So I played around with the stamp set this weekend after being inspired by what the stamp set designer, million dollar achieving demonstrator, Mary Fish shared on her blog. And here is my first card. I love it!
I loved the look of the overlapping images of the vases and the Whisper White layer on Whisper White card base that Mary had done…such a clean design. I wanted to keep the sentiment pretty easy though, so didn’t do any embossing on mine.
Here is one more version using a different sentiment from the set and sequins instead of rhinestones.
- Whisper White cardstock: 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ folded in half at 4-1/4″ for the card base & 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Pineapple Punch cardstock: strip that is 3/4″ wide
- Coastal Cabana cardstock: strip that is 1/2″ wide
Products: See below for a full list of supplies linked to where you can find them in my online store.
- Trim the left end of the Coastal Cabana cardstock strip and the Pineapple Punch strip to create the look of a banner.
- Stamp the sentiment on the Pineapple Punch strip.
- Attach this to the Coastal Cabana strip and then attach to the 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ Whisper White piece about one inch from the top. Trim off any excess extending off the the right edge.
- Stamp the vase, flower and leaf images. (The short vase is a lighter shade of Grapefruit Grove ink than the flowers because I stamped onto scrap paper first.)
- Attach stamped layer to the card base with Dimensionals.
- Then embellish with either Rhinestones or sequins.
June 1st is the magic day! And there are many other fabulous products that will also become available from the new catalog that day. I’ve been pinning some fun card ideas on Pinterest!
If you absolutely can’t wait until June, consider purchasing the Starter Kit so you can get in on the demonstrator perk of purchasing early. (Yep! All demonstrators get to preorder new products in May!)
CLICK HERE for more detailed information about retiring products from the 2017-18 Annual Catalog and the 2018 Occasions Catalog, to access the lists and links, for dates about transitioning into the new 2018-19 Annual Catalog, AND to find out how you can get your hands on your personal copy.
Be sure to take a good look at the retiring products list so that you don’t miss out on getting items that you have wanted. Favorites are already selling out!
New Paper Pumpkin Subscribers get 50% Off! NEW subscribers who join Paper Pumpkin between now and May 10 will get 50% off their first 2 months. Enter this promotion code to get in on the special: SAVEFIFTY0418 (Click here if you wish to see a sneak peek image showing the April kit AND a little peek of the May kit.)
The new 2018-19 Annual Catalog will be introducing us to new colors! That means that several colors are retiring though. CLICK HERE for more detailed information about retiring products. CLICK HERE for my post and a video regarding the Color Revamp. And CLICK HERE for a printable Color Revamp Summary.