There was a fun idea that I shared when I posted my December 2017 Paper Pumpkin alternates.
And I had such a great response from these cute fishies (thanks Anne Oshiro!), that I wanted to share how to make these again with our “non-paper pumpkin” Stampin’ Up! product – product anyone would have access to even if they weren’t a Paper Pumpkin subscriber. Check out these three other adorable fish!
They are treat holders – hollow on the inside! This little pink one would be fun for a Valentine treat!
So I recorded this Facebook Live how-to video this past Wednesday and uploaded it to my YouTube channel (since I know not everyone is ON Facebook). Be sure to watch the video, check out the measurements below so that you can recreate these fun candy wraps, and then let me know if you have any questions. If you ARE on Facebook, I invite you to “like” then “follow” my page so you can get updates when I share and when I go live every Wednesday afternoon at 2 PM Central Time.
Here are the measurements you’ll need if you plan to recreate this fish.
- Very Vanilla Medium Envelope
- Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Paper: two strips that are 1-1/4″ x 6-1/2″
- Basic Black Cardstock: Scrap for punching out two 1/2” circles
- Island Indigo Cardstock: Scrap for punching out two 3/4” circles
- Gold Mini Sequin Trim: 13″
- Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon: 7-1/2″
To prepare any envelope base…
- Cut to a square
- Score at the diagonal
- Trim in at each end of that diagonal score line
- Medium size envelopes – 1-1/2″
- Note card size envelopes: 1-1/8″
- 3″x3″ envelopes: 1″
- Narrow note card envelopes: 3/4″
- Mark how far in with your pencil
- With the open end of the envelope (if there is one) to the right, cut from the pencil marks to the right corner
- Then position envelope diagonally in the trimmer again (nose to tail tip) and cut again from the middle score line to the tail tip.
And here are a few more close-up photos.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Other envelope choices
Sale-A-Bration 2018 (January 3 through March 31) is THE BEST time of the Stampin’ Up! year for everyone! Click here to learn about this spectacular promotion and how you can benefit by earning free product and more.
Get up to $226 worth of product for $99! Plus…It’s the best time of year to join Stampin’ Up! During Sale-A-Bration, you can become a demonstrator for just $99 and choose two FREE stamp sets of your choice for your Starter Kit. Plus, the kit ships for free! Click here for more information about joining my community of stampers (becoming a demonstrator), and click here for more information about the other bonuses for getting the Starter Kit.