My husband landed a new job in October! And I’m so excited that I’m able to share that good news now. (Didn’t want to jinx anything by sharing too early…lol)
He was very devoted to his former employer. He had been with them since graduating college. Putting himself out there for interviews was eye-opening and challenging to say the least. But he needed (and wanted) a change. We were all super excited and very proud of him when he told us the good news that he had been offered the job he wanted! So we of course went out to dinner at a restaurant to celebrate.
And I’m happy that I can share this wonderful news with all of YOU! Life is good, and we count our blessings each and every day.
This card below is one that I put together with the Sheet Music stamp, sentiments from the Beautiful You stamp set and the treble clef die from the Musical Instruments Framelits (which is retiring soon). It reminds me of the happiness we felt that October day. (I’ve listed all the products below and linked them to my online store in case you wish to purchase anything to recreate this card.)
- Basic Black Cardstock: 11″ x 4-1/4″ folded in half for the card base and a scrap for die-cutting the treble clef
- Pool Party Cardstock: two pieces that are 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Tranquil Tide Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White Cardstock: 3-3/4″ x 5″ and scrap for stamping and punching a 1-3/4″ Circle
- Gold Foil Sheets: scraps for punching a 2″ Circle and for die-cutting the French horn
- Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon: about 13″ for the front of the card and about 4″ for the inside
- Stamp “Celebrate” on the white scrap and punch with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch. Stamp the Sheet Music image onto the Tranquil Tide piece. Then stamp “So Happy For You” onto the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White piece.
- Punch a 2″ Circle from part of the Gold Foil Sheet scrap.
- Put Adhesive Sheet pieces on the back of the Basic Black scrap and the remaining Gold Foil Sheet. Then die-cut the treble clef and the French horn.
- Layer the Tranquil Tide piece onto one of the Pool Party pieces, then wrap and tie on the 13″ ribbon. Attach to the front of the card. Then a adhere the Gold Foil Circle, the Whisper White Circle and the Basic Black treble clef.
- Fold the 4″ piece of Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon in half and hold together with a Glue Dot. Trim the ends at an angle.
- On the inside of the card adhere the second Pool Party layer, the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Whisper White piece, the folded ribbon, and the French Horn.
Those adhesive sheets are key to adding detailed dies. No more mess trying to glue those tiny parts! Just stick on a piece of adhesive sheet to the bottom side of the cardstock area before die-cuttting. Then die-cut and you have an instant sticker. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by today so I could finally share our good news. Tim is really loving his new job. He comes home much happier than he used to. I can see more energy in his step. I’m so proud of him for not giving up! I love that man.
Stampin’ Up!’s Year End Sales Event!
Stampin’ Up! is ending 2017 with a bang! This is your opportunity to take advantage of special year-end deals on retiring and surplus items. The items in the sale are last-chance and limited-inventory, so take note that these items are available only while supplies last! Click Here to learn more.
Introducing the NEW Stamparatus Positioning Tool!
Did you see the incredible new tool that Stampin’ Up! is bringing forth to us paper crafters?! It’s an amazing positioning tool that will allow you to get your images exactly where you want them. Click Here to learn more and find out how you can reserve yours this month so that you’ll be among the first to get one.
I am putting together another Online Paper Crafters Club…
And am looking for a few more members to join in. The commitment is to place a minimum $25 order each month for 6 months in row. In one of those months you would get the Stampin’ Rewards (the free goodies) based on the collective orders from those in the club. The other perks would be free catalogs shipped to you, a set of 6 free hand-stamped cards at the end of the 6-month commitment, and exclusive project ideas emailed to you each month. I’m hoping to start this club at the beginning of January.
You do not need to live near me. Anyone in the US can join. Let me know if you are interested!