We have a couple cats that have been wandering around our neighborhood lately. One of them has been a mystery cat for quite some time. We couldn’t figure out who owned her, so she was given the name Princess by the kids in our neighborhood. A new family just moved in at the end of the block and decided to take her in. They brought her to the vet to made sure she was healthy and get her shots. The child living there is super happy, renamed her Hermione, and all is well. (We think the previous owner of their house left this cat since Hermione had a lot of familiarity with their house.)
She is an outdoor cat, so sometimes the cat will be gone for days at a time. But at least we know that she has a home now.
The other one belongs to a family that we have been friends with and know well. (Their son, Carter is really good friends with my boys.) The cat’s name is Ruckus, and he hangs out here a LOT since Carter spends a lot of time playing here. We often find Ruckus outside our door in the morning and at night…
…and even way up on top of our open garage door during the day. Last night we let him in because it was raining and he was meowing at our door. Carter’s mom came to get him soon after, but he devoured up a can of tuna while he was here. (I think I may need to purchase some cat food to have on hand since Ruckus may take advantage of us again on a future rainy night now that he knows we have weak hearts. LOL
I think we need a pet. hahaha!
- Marina Mist Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored in half at 5-1/2″…a strip that is 1″ tall for stamping and punching the sentiment piece
- Dapper Denim Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock: scrap for punching cat
- Silver 1/8″ Ribbon: ~13-14″
- Emboss the snowflake on the Dapper Denim cardstock.
- Punch the cat from the Whisper White cardstock scrap.
- Stamp the cat face image on the cat using Basic Gray ink. Color in the eyes with the Marina Mist marker. Then make a collar by sticking on a rhinestone and drawing thin lines with the Dapper Denim marker.
- Stamp sentiment onto Marina Mist strip using Dapper Denim ink and punch just the end by inserting it into the punch as shown.
- Attach the snowflake patterned card to the bottom of the Dapper Denim piece. Tie the silver ribbon around this and tie in a knot.
- Add the sentiment piece with Dimensionals. Trim off the excess, then attach this whole layer to the Marina Mist card base.
- Attach the “Let it Snow” card to the inside.
- Add the cat to the front of the card using Fast Fuse.
Product List for the White Winter Cat Card:
This Cat Punch can be bundled with the Spooky Cat stamp set in the 2017 Holiday Catalog. So many paper crafters are making Halloween cards and projects with it. In fact if you get your hands on the Spooky Night Designer Paper, you can punch out a bunch of pre-printed black and orange cards.
So…my other card is for those of you looking for a fun and striking Halloween card.
- Basic Gray Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Smoky Slate Cardstock: 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)…and scraps for die-cutting and punching two banners
- Basic Black Cardstock: 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Crushed Curry Cardstock: scrap for die-cutting the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits
- After die-cutting the circle (the moon), punch out the cat from the bottom.
- Stamp the lines image diagonally with Smoky Slate ink onto the ends of one of the die-cut banners.
- Trim the ends from the other die-cut banner and stamp “Happy Halloween” with Basic Black ink in the center. Notice mine is curved a bit? Before inking be sure to curve your stamp on the clear block so it matches the curve of the banner.
- After layering all the base pieces together, add the moon and the longest gray banner so that they look balanced on the front of the card.
- Attach the Year of Cheer Sentiments using Glue Dots. Then add the second shorter banner layer – the stamped one with a couple Dimensionals.
The boys have been longing for a pet for some time now. Not sure if it’s going to happen, but for now we are enjoying that Ruckus and Hermione come around to visit.
Buy 3, Get 1 Free on Select Designer Paper Packs
AND…During the entire month of October, select packs of Designer Paper are part of a Buy 3, Get 1 Free special! Click here for that flyer. (Oh! The stamp sets that are 15% off on the World Card-Making Day flyer coordinate with paper packs that are part of this Buy 3, Get 1 Free special. How cool is that?!)