Need a last-minute kid’s treat for Halloween? How about a box monster with bulging eyeball lollipops?!
Our Mini Pizza Boxes paired with some fun eyeball suckers make adorable little smiling monsters. And who says you have to fill the inside of boxes with treats? With these monsters the treats are on the outside instead.
The eyeball lollipops are creepy by themselves but so cute when presented in this way. LOL!
I found the eyeball lollipops at our local grocery store. But if you “google” them, you can find them online. Being that I have two boys ages 10 and 12, I knew I had to get them. And then when I added them to the Mini Pizza Boxes…?! LOL
- Basic Black cardstock: 8-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Colored cardstock to match eyes: scrap large enough to stamp and punch out the sentiment
- Whisper White cardstock: 7/16″ (just under a 1/2″) x at least 3-1/2″ strip
- Real Red 1/8″ Solid Ribbon: ~33-36″
- Use the Handheld 1/8″ Circle Punch, come in from each corner of the box cover, and punch two circular areas (punch a few times to make a circular area just under 1/4″ in diameter) just large enough for the lollipops to hold in snug. (When the box is closed, the angle of the lollipop sticks should help to hold them in place, too.)
- Close the box. Then wrap a strip of Basic Black cardstock around and secure with Tear & Tape Adhesive on the underside forming a “belly band.” If you plan to fill the box with a note or more treats, be sure that this belly band can slide off and on.
- Stamp the sentiment image onto a cardstock color of your choice, then punch. (I used colors that coordinated best with the eyeballs – Marina Mist, Lemon Lime Twist, Sweet Sugarplum and Real Red. See below for a visual product list.)
- Stamp “Trick or Treat” onto the Whisper White cardstock strip and attach to the center of the punched colored cardstock label. Then turn this upside-down, line it up in the punch again, and punch to trim up the white cardstock strip.
- Wrap the ribbon around the belly band three times and tie in a knot or a bow off to the side.
- Attach the label piece to the top on the box monster using Dimensionals.
The opening tab area of the box makes a perfect little smiling mouth!
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because it’s so fun to see my kids get excited to dress up in costume, help decorate, and carve pumpkins. I have a couple boards on Pinterest just for Halloween ideas, for Halloween cards. But not everything is there. Be sure to glance through my catalog boards, too. Check out my 2017 Holiday Catalog board and my 2017-18 Annual Catalog board for the newest project ideas.
- Original Gourmet Spooky Eyeball Lollipops
Buy 3, Get 1 Free on Select Designer Paper Packs
AND…During the entire month of October, select packs of Designer Paper are part of a Buy 3, Get 1 Free special! Click here for that flyer. (Oh! The stamp sets that are 15% off on the World Card-Making Day flyer coordinate with paper packs that are part of this Buy 3, Get 1 Free special. How cool is that?!)
Stamp-n-Storage Marker Holder for Stampin’ Blends on Sale
Are you lovin’ the the new Stampin’ Blends markers? They will be available to everyone starting November 1, 2017. Did you see my new holder from Stamp-n-Storage? Today is the last day of their special sale…Get this Stampin’ Blends holder at 20% off when you enter the code: BLENDIT17