Today our Tutorial Bundle Design Team is having another blog hop so you'll have a chance to see similar projects to the ones we created for our March Tutorial Bundle (that was just released yesterday!). We also had a hop on January 31st for our February bundle, and it was so much fun! I loved to compare the ideas that were shared on our blogs that day to those that were in the tutorial bundle for that month. The projects in the hops are not the actual projects in our bundles, but they are similar.
I hope you like what we share! Follow along and check out all the other blogs in the hop (click on the names of other participants in the list below) so you can see a great collection of hand-stamped cards and paper crafting projects. AND…if you like what we share, you might consider purchasing the March Tutorial Bundle. Click here to learn more about how you can get these tutorial bundles.
My card today is created with the Hey, Chick stamp set found on page 17 of the Sale-A-Bration brochure. It's one of the most popular Sale-A-Bration freebies, and if you take a peek at the catalog you'll know why. It will make you giggle.
I also used the Cupcakes & Carousels Designer paper, the Fine Tip Glue Pen to create a resist image, and the Balloon Bouquet punch for the egg-shaped layers. (See below for a list of supplies I used to make this card.)
As you can see in this photo, the balloons turned upside-down can create the perfect egg shape. After stamping the cracked egg, I coated it with a small mound of Fine Tip Glue and allowed it to dry. (Ignore the smaller stamped egg. I didn't end up using that piece in my final design.)
- Whisper White Thick Cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4" folded in half for card base, scrap for punching balloons (eggs)
- Cupcakes & Carousels Designer Paper: 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
- Crumb Cake Cardstock: 1/2" x 2"
- Attach designer paper to card front.
- Punch balloons and trim to turn them into eggs.
- Stamp the cracked egg image, then apply Fine Tip Glue to the surface of the egg. Allow to dry.
- Use dauber to sponge on Pool Party ink. Wipe surface of cracked egg image to remove any ink that may be on the surface.
- Put Fast Fuse adhesive on the back side and add loops of Linen and Copper Metallic Thread. Attach to the card front using Dimensionals being sure to tuck in adhesive backed smaller egg.
- Stamp message on the Crumb Cake piece and trim end to form a banner. Curl with Bone Folder and attach with Glue Dots.
Thanks for checking out my blog today. Have fun on the hop! And if you think you may want to purchase (or earn) these exclusive tutorials that I've been referring to, CLICK HERE for more information.
Sale-A-Bration (January 4 – March 31) It's the best time of the Stampin' Up! year! Click here to see how everyone is earning fabulous, free products!