When I was researching and planning my Creative Connection event presentation for the Serene Scenery Suite, I found a ton of card ideas on Pinterest using the Wetlands stamp images paired with the "beach scene" paper from the Serene Scenery designer paper stack. I was so impressed with the simple beauty of the two paired together that I had to make a card of my own.
I wish I knew who to give credit to for adding the highlights on the birds and the whitecaps on the waves with a white marker, but the pinned card that inspired me led me to no one. Isn't it just a fabulous idea, though!?!
- Pool Party Cardstock: 11" x 4-1/4" folded in half for the card base
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock: 4-1/8" x 5-3/8"
- Basic Black Cardstock: scrap that is about 2" x 3"
- Serene Scenery Designer Paper: beach scene paper 4" x 5-1/2"
- Basic Black Solid Baker's Twine: about 24" (about 34" for the "love" card shown below)
- After stamping images onto designer paper, dab on dots of white to create wave caps and white bird wings using White Chalk Marker. (A gel pen will probably produce a brighter white, but I used the Chalk Marker on my cards.)
- Either tie on the twine before layering the paper and cardstocks together or after as shown in the "love" card below.
- Die-cut and attach sentiment using either the Fine Tip Glue Pen or the Multipurpose Glue.
I also shared these two cards below during my presentation because they were so drop-dead gorgeous! I can't lay claim to either one since I copied (CASEd) them completely from the originals. This first comes straight from the catalog – page 102. You can also find it HERE in the online store.
And this second one I CASEd from the talented Ms. Amy Koenders.
Have you seen this great stamp set, Thoughtful Branches and it's matching set of dies, Beautiful Branches Thinlits?! They are only available through the end of August or while supplies last. Click here to learn more.