This is one of the 3 cards we made at my Stamp Camp event in August. My friend, Kari really wanted to recreate the card on page 125 in the 2015-16 Annual Catalog. So this is a slightly simpler version – still had the emboss resist technique and a similar layout, but we didn't do all the details that were in the sentiment area.
Here is my version…
…of this card shown on page 125:
If you want to recreate my version, here are my card measurements and tips.
- Soft Suede card stock (5-1/2" x 8-1/2” scored in half at 4-1/4”)
- Daffodil Delight card stock (4” x 5-1/4”)
- Whisper White thick card stock (4” x 5-1/4” and 3-1/2" x 4-3/4")
- Island Indigo card stock (1" x 3")
- Stamp the images randomly on the Whisper White card stock using Versamark ink. Emboss with white embossing powder. Then using a sponge in a circular motion, add color. The embossed areas will resist the sponged on color. But to brighten up the white areas, be sure to take a tissue and wipe off the surfaces of the embossed images.
- Stamp the "splatter" image using Island Indigo ink, then wipe the embossed surface with a tissue again.
- Use a bone folder to distress & curl up the corners of the Daffodil Delight and Whisper White layers a bit.
The next 3 days' posts will include more ideas that I couldn't get in my August Paper Pumpkin video. I just loved that kit! So stay tuned for a decorative box of note cards (alternate layouts from the ones that are shown in the kit directions), 3 more alternate note cards, a 12×12 traditional scrapbook layout, another 12×12 page, and a couple mini boxes.