This is one more post of ideas that I made with the August 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit.
If you want to see what else I made with this kit, click on these links…
- September 4…Chalk It Up To Love Paper Pumpkin String Of Lights
- September 5…Chalk It Up To Love August 2015 Paper Pumpkin Video of Ideas
- September 8…Chalk It Up To Love Paper Pumpkin Grateful For You 12×12 Scrapbook Page Spread
- September 9…Chalk It Up To Love Paper Pumpkin Box of Notecards & Extra 12×12 Page
Today I am sharing mini boxes and three more note cards.
This is the box that you can create using the contents of the kit and the kit directions.
But I really wanted to break the box into two smaller boxes. Why? I don't know. Maybe for the challenge? hahahaha
I first measured and marked 2 inches in from each end on both of the long sides of the box.
Then after marking where I would cut and where I would score…
…I cut the box open and then in half to get two sections that were somewhat equal (not counting the tabs that came off the top and bottom).
For each of the boxes, I then scored along the lines I had previously drawn…
…and then again 1/4" in from the end so that the score lines were 2-1/4" inches apart from each other.
Next, I removed a section from one of the pieces so I could use it later to add tabs.
Then I folded along each score line and trimmed off the tiny sections shown in each of the following two photos. I also had to trim part way in along the score line marks I had made.
For each mini box, I folded in the bottom like so:
The 1/4" tab I tucked inside the box and secured with some adhesive from the kit.
I then trimmed in on the edges of the last bottom panel, added more adhesive…
…and taped it shut.
The last few photos show how I created the top box closures. For each mini box, I had to trim off a bit of the flap that folds in. I also angle-cut a flap that tucks into the box for ease in closing.
The mini boxes were missing one flap each. So I took that extra section that I got rid of earlier and made two piece that measured 1-1/4" x 2-1/4" with a scored section 1/4" wide…
…to add adhesive.
I added them to each box.
The last step was just trimming the edges a bit more on these extra tabs I added in so the tabs would look a little more equal and so the boxes would shut nicely.
And that's it! Lots of work for tiny boxes…
…but aren't they cute?! 😉
Are you wondering what Paper Pumpkin is all about?
Contact me or…Click here to learn more.
Not a subscriber yet? Let's get you started! $17.95 – $19.95 per month (which includes shipping) gets you fabulous kits of creativity that come straight to your mailbox. And right now, if you are a new subscriber, you can get 50% off your first two months by entering the promo code: HALFOFF
But today is the last day for this offer. Click here to start your NEW subscription & take advantage of this special.
The Fine Print:
- For new subscribers only (new emails).
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions, not prepaid subscriptions.
- Discount applied to one kit per month for the first two months of a new subscription. After the first two months, the price for each month's kit will go to the regular price: $19.95.
- You need to visit PaperPumpkin.com to join.
- Enter the Promo Code, HALFOFF when you sign up.
- New subscribers must join by Thursday, September 10, 2015; 11:50 PM (MT).
Additional supplies used (besides the contents of the August 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit) to make these mini boxes…
- candy or something else to fill the box
Additional supplies used (besides the contents of the August 2015 Paper Pumpkin kit) to make the three note cards…